Huronia Players is committed to respecting the personal information of all the company's patrons, members, donors, volunteers, staff, executive, web-users and other stakeholders. In order to protect the privacy of this information, the company has the following policies:
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual"s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
Collection of Information
- The company collects personal information (such as address or ticket history) only from ticket-buyers, members, donors and others who have actively shown or are likely to show an interest in the organization
- Individuals will be informed about the purposes for which their information will be used
- The following website information, which is also collected, does not identify individual users - Composite tallies of website page views, search terms, and other traffic information useful for improving the design and content of our site
Storage of information
- Personal information is stored in our database(s) and in hard copy files. Only authorized company personnel have access to this information.
- Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the stated purpose will be destroyed or made anonymous
Use of Information
The company uses personal information to better serve our patrons and to expand our community. Primarily, this includes:
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to provide information about tickets, memberships and donations
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to thank supporters and issue tax receipts
- mailings (by mail or electronic} and phone calls to invite members and supporters to special events
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to sell subscriptions, tickets and solicit donations
The company is committed to using personal information in a respectful and useful way. Patrons, members and supporters will receive information that we believe will be in their interest. The company will also commit itself to making sure patrons, members and donors do not receive more than a reasonable number of letters or phone calls. If an individual requests that their personal information not be used for one of these purposes as noted above, or for any other purpose, that request will be honoured. The individual's record will be updated accordingly.
Disclosure of Information
The company never discloses the personal information of subscribers or donors to any third party. The company does not sell, trade or rent personal information to other organizations or individual's Contact information.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of privacy legislation of the company may be directed to:
333 King Street,
Midland, Ontario, L4R 3M7
Phone: (705) 527-4420
Approved by the Executive. April 14th., 2004
The Executive will review this policy annually